Spring Racing!

Moderators: Fireball, DONNY

Spring Racing!

Postby Fireball » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 pm

March is just around the corner. Better start training... and I don't mean sitting in a warm gym spinning like DONNY. Better get yo butt outside & get some seat time before you get ready to race.

That said, I am the Ga Cup 2009 Time Trial Series Single Speed Class Points Champion.
Know what that means in 2010?
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a new year, new series, and everybody is tied with 0 points.

I will make a STATEMENT March 13th at Round 1. I am training.
The streets will flow with the tears of the non-believers.
Dr Fireball Mullis
"Track Moisture Expert"

Thanks God, Joyce, Flea for all the good times & memories, Capitol Cycles, and Donny Banks... who better keep peddling hard `cause I'm the Real Deal!!!!
Fireball

Re: Spring Racing!

Postby Withers 190 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

hey Fireball, I'm going to try and do the entire Ga Cup TT series. I have Surgery tomorrow on my bad shoulder, but will still be able to spin. I've been riding my training program most every day since Dec.1 rain or shine (mostly rain and cold it seems) and got my new TT bike a while back and am getting up to speed getting my distance up @ race pace but not quite there yet. Hope I'll be able to put weight on the shoulder and get the TT position a few weeks before the 13th. I saw where you had done some events last year. I'm in decent condition and have my base work pretty much done, but with this surgery, I'll be stuck in base mode for a while longer. I don't expect to be @ full speed by the first race, but hopefully I'll be on target by the middle of april. Looking forward to seeing you at some of the events. I just don't have to worry about pulling you up and over the "hillbilly" at hill billy hills in this sport!! I remember!

I'm pretty much done with moto and really have been looking to the cycling for a while now. May do some moto in the fall.

cw
Withers 190

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:28 pm

What'sup Withers! Good to hear from ya! Hope your surgery goes well & I look forward to seeing you in Perry at Round 1.
Dr Fireball Mullis
"Track Moisture Expert"

Thanks God, Joyce, Flea for all the good times & memories, Capitol Cycles, and Donny Banks... who better keep peddling hard `cause I'm the Real Deal!!!!
Fireball

Postby Withers 190 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:58 pm

well, we shall see how this is gonna go. Rode on pavement for the first time last Sunday and put in a conservative 24 mph average at the race distance for the Perry GA Cup TT.

Arm is in terrible shape and doesn't move or respond very good but i can sit and spin just fine so I signed up and will give this weekend a crack and see what happens. should be fun unless I crash and then it will be straight back to the doctor for an ass chewing.

Legs are ok but not as strong as I had hoped. I have my trainer set as difficult as i could make it but just doesn't compare to a good climb. on my sunday ride I can tell that is where i will be weak. i went ahead and built in a taper week this week so my cardio form will be up and i feel real good about that aspect and have my LTHR at a 178 right now and can race at just above that in the 180-182 range. Just hope the weather isn't too crappy or anything.

Hope to see you there.

cw
Withers 190

Postby drinkwater450 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Going to six gap this tuesday if anyone down. Brasstown bald and hogpin, Going to be a heart breaker
drinkwater450

Return to Group Rides and Race Info