leak down?/compression test?

Please use the board to ask Tech questions about your bike. PLEASE KEEP THIS SERIOUS!!!

Moderators: Fireball, DONNY

leak down?/compression test?

Postby panhauling » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:01 pm

does anyone know what the leak down range or compression should be on 4 stroke motorcycles such as kxf450, or a honda 450

Re: leak down?/compression test?

Postby SonnyLynnVick75 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 am

i did a leak down on my bike before and for some reason the number is 8 comes to mind i believe that may be the amount that can leak out with out having to rebuild the bike

Postby pergam25 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:37 am

Golf Scores

When you are amphitheatre the abounding adventurous of golf, your golf arrangement or the golf clubs for sale become both your best accompany as able as your adversity enemies. The way golf scores are tallied can mean so many things. ishine

Postby xuanxanh99 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 pm

I know these instructions are kinda flaky, but I hope this gives some insight as to this type of test. If having a mechanic work on your vehicle, he should be familiar with the leakdown test. I would be concerned if he isn't. This is a basic troubleshooting tool that all fleets use

Postby flattracker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Sorry no one answered you're question. A leak down test simply means putting air in the combustion chamber when all the valves are closed and measuring how much air escapes. There are inexpensive tools for checking this. 10% or less is fine for a MX bike ( lower the better ) The compression in pounds should be around 180 to 200 on a 450 f. If it has an automatic decompression system you will get a false reading just kicking it.
Hope this helps.

Return to Got a Technical question about your bike?